Saturday, February 6, 2010

Stranded with children

When I was leaving Heathrow for Sydney recently, I was informed that my luggage would not be automatically transferred to my domestic connection. I requested assistance from Qantas portering staff for the short transfer, as I was travelling alone with a three-month-old baby, another child and six items of luggage.

After speaking several times about the issue to cabin staff on both legs of my international flight and receiving reassurance that I would be met on my arrival into Sydney, I was left stranded at the baggage carousel for more than an hour.

Despite assurances to the contrary, nothing had been prearranged and it was only by approaching Qantas staff several times that I was finally given some help.

By this time, I had already missed my original transfer flight and I had become distressed at the lack of help.

I still cannot believe Qantas would leave a mother with two children, who were also clearly distressed, in the middle of their main international arrivals area.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment